Studio Rental Guidelines
The School of American Ballet’s facilities are available to rent for 2017 school and company auditions. If you are interested in a rental, please review our Studio Rental Guidelines below and submit the Studio Rental Request Form (available in the left navigation menu). From now until July 27 we will be accepting rental requests. After July 27 we will begin allocating dates for all requests in hand. Companies and schools may continue to submit rental requests after July 27, but any remaining openings in our schedule at that point will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Note that we will not be contacting any schools or companies to confirm rental requests until after July 29.
SAB Studio Rental Guidelines
- Rentals are available on Saturday and Sundays (and holiday Mondays) at the below times. Available dates between January and April are outlined on the Rental Request Form.
Saturdays 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Sundays 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- SAB’s studios feature mirrors, ballet barres and grand pianos. The studio assigned for most audition rentals is L 46' x W 53' or 2438 square feet.
- The rental rate is $45 per hour (inclusive of the complete registration period and audition times). Payment is due one month prior to the audition via cash or check. The following fees are also required for all rentals:
- Security Guard Fee: $35 per hour, payable to SAB with the rental fee one month prior to the audition
- Receptionist Fee: $25 per hour, payable directly to the receptionist promptly at the conclusion of the audition
- SAB pianists are available for hire or you may bring your own pianist. The SAB pianist rate is $60 per hour, payable directly to the pianist promptly at the conclusion of the audition. You will be asked to indicate your interest in hiring a pianist on the Studio Rental Request Form.
- Audition registration may be held in SAB’s reception area or in a second studio (if available).
- A Certificate of Insurance is required. Please see the section entitled “Certificate of Insurance Requirements” for more information.
- All rental requests must be initially submitted using the Studio Rental Request Form. You will have the opportunity on the form to describe any concerns or special requests. SAB will not engage in any direct correspondence concerning individual rental requests until a Studio Rental Request Form has been submitted by the organization.
- SAB will not assign audition dates until the open Rental Request period ends on July 27. Shortly after July 27, those who have requested dates will receive a communication from SAB notifying them as to whether or not their request can be accommodated. All rental requests received after July 27 will be accommodated on a first come, first served basis but note that we expect a limited number of dates to be available at that point.